Innovate . Invest . Incubate
Care-on-Call Smart Watch
Senior Citizen Home Safety Association (‘SCHSA’) was founded in 1996 as a non-profit charitable organisation with a self-financing model. Today it is one of the most established social enterprises in Hong Kong. SCHSA provides Care-on-Call Service, a comprehensive 24/7 support service consisting of emergency aid, integrated care, around-the-clock vigilance service, health management, and day-to-day living assistance. The Association also provides training and workshops to the elderly and their family and caregivers. In addition, SCHSA’s EasyHome Services provide at-home care to elderly consisting of elderly care, medical escort, house cleaning and rehabilitation services. SCHSA strives to enable elderly to age in place and lead quality lives independently. SCHSA innovates and leverages technology to deliver people-centric services.
Product and Service
A new smart wearable device, the Care-on-Call Smart Watch, with the 24/7 Care-on-Call Service, designed for the relatively independent and active people.
Main features :
● One Button/One Press to connect User to Care-on-Call Service Call Centre, providing emergency aid and integrated care service
● 4 layers of positioning technology (GPS + BDS + WiFi + LBS) formore comprehensive signal coverage. In most locations GPS/BDS and WiFi reception would be used for positioning. If theuser’s location has no WiFi reception signal or is underground, for example in the MTR, LBS would be used. Our Call Centre operators will be able to track users’ location accurately both indoors and outdoors
● Users’ location could also be tracked via the Caregiver App, so that caregivers and family can keep track of the whereabouts of active users
● Leave home/ Back home alert’ signals. Caregiver App users can receive notifications when a user leaves or returns home area.
Protection under SCHSA’s unique Vigilance Service which includes:
• In emergencies, Smart Watch may be remotely activated for direct communication with our Call Centre operators, who will talk to the user or passers-by to ensure user safety
• If a user has not used the Smart Watch for one day, our Call Centre operators will contact the user or his/her family members for safety check
• When Smart Watch’s battery level is under 20%, our Call Centre operators will call the user to remind him/her to charge the Smart Watch